Guest Posting- 10 Tips For Effective Content Marketing
Content was undoubtedly a king from SEO perspective in 2012 and it seems to remain the same for 2013 as well. Guest posting is one of the most prominent ways of generating links for your website with the help of your content and this importance resulted in the emergence of content marketing as a potential player in SEO. But as SEO is a science of perfect implementations of laws and techniques therefore the rule is not different for guest blogging as well. After the panda and penguin update the SEO has changed its parameters as well and now the quality of content and links matters most rather than quantity.
To have quality backlinks via guest posting you need to be accurate with your strategies and their timely implementation. Seems tough? Here are 20 tips which can help you out in guest posting your writing stuff and to attain more results.
- Post your content on relative platforms i.e. posting a fashion related article on a technical blog is just making mess of your content and your credibility. Post your content where it makes some sense both for you to post and readers to read.
- The ranking/authority of the website you are going to post your content. After penguin update, content marketing is not just about creating links in bulk regardless of their quality and authority, doing any such thing can be disastrous for your website. A quality site can give you quality traffic.
- Checkout the social media accounts for those websites, if you found an acceptable amount of activities on any of their social networking account then you are on a right track.
- See how many subscribers are there for the website. Also, get in to the comment section and try to analyze the niche of community on the website, either the comments are nothing more than spam having no relevancy with content, Google also counts the user generated content like comments/Feed backs (but not exactly as the main body content)
- One of the easiest ways to identify the quality of website where you are going to post your article is by measuring its parameters for guest posts. If it’s quite tough then It’s surely means that website wants quality content for its quality readers. Example of SEOMoz or Ezine articles can be taken into consideration.
- The frequency of updating the blog is quite important, you must know that how frequently the website posts new content as it will help you in understanding the crawling rate of that website.
- If a site completely depends upon guest posts rather posting a mix of its own and guests posts then it’s not the legitimate one, there can be exceptions in some cases but mostly they are not.
- After considering all the above mentioned facts, you might got a website which you think perfectly suits you to post your content but you need to answer first that does your target audience want to visit this website/blog or not? If yes, then precede otherwise try some other websites/blogs.
- It’s best to target some of the keywords of that guest website too, it will help you out in ranking your content for their keyword and thus giving more referral traffic.
- It will be a real bonus for you if the guest posting site has got any award or achievement. It simply multiplies the credibility of your content as well if published on that website.
Considering above mentioned tips can really make your content fruitful for you.
Author @ 3wogle